Large Spindles for High Speed CNC Machine Integration
CNC Machining High Speed Large Spindle Options
The IBAG Large Spindle product line includes a range of 170 mm to 360 mm diameter high speed milling spindles. With maximum speeds up to 30,000 RPM and continuous power to 100 kW, IBAG offers a wide variety of spindles to satisfy your high speed milling, drilling, or grinding applications.
Large spindle motor specifications are available to provide the optimum speed, power, and torque solution that best fits your needs, using AC or DC motor technology. Give us a call at 203-407-0397 with your project requirements or contact IBAG to learn more about our large high speed spindles.
Large Liquid Cooled Spindle System Custom FeaturesAll spindles in this product category are liquid cooled, with both open-loop and closed-loop position control possible. Coolant through the tool is optional, with speeds up to 30,000 RPM and pressure to 1000 PSI.
- Full line of 170 ~ 360 mm spindles. Various speeds and power possible up to 100 kW.
- Automatic tool changing standard with coolant through the tool is optional.
- Hybrid ceramic bearings with grease or oil micro-mist lubrication.
- Variable speeds up to a maximum of 30,000 RPM.
- Powerful, AC/DC motor technology used. Closed-loop orientation standard.
- Advanced electronic high frequency drives selected to optimize spindle performance.
- High accuracy and low vibration, balanced to G1 at maximum speed.
- Rugged, reliable system with a one year warranty.
Custom Large Spindle CNC Milling Tool Clamping StylesAutomatic tool clamping styles are standard. Automatic tool changing (ATC) systems supported include HSK63A/E, HSK80A, and HSK100A. Tool position sensors are also standard.
The complete system includes the IBAG spindle, electronic high frequency drive, air seal filter regulator, and spindle chiller. Maximum tool diameter varies by tooling or collet type.
Water Cooled Large Spindle ApplicationsThe most popular applications include installation into vertical and horizontal CNC machining centers with full ATC integration. Custom spindle systems are possible with a variety of spindle drives. Water cooled large spindles support a multitude of high torque applications including:
- Aerospace Machining
- Large Aluminum Aircraft Components
- Machining Of Graphite & Copper Electrodes
- Mold & Die Production
- Automotive Applications